Denver International Airport
- DIA flights, maps and directions, general information
- DIA ground transportation
Bus, shuttle, taxi, and limousine information.
- Car rental
- Routes, schedules, and fares
Select Denver as your destination.
Denver is served by the "California Zephyr"
Regional Transportation District (RTD) — Bus, Train, and Light Rail
- Routes, schedules, fares, and trip planners
The "A-Line" train is now operating between the airport and downtown Denver, where connections can be made — via rail and bus — to all parts of the RTD system.
Airport to Golden by Train, Light Rail, and Bus
With the arrival of the A-Line train from Denver International Airport to downtown Denver and the completion of the W-Line light rail from Denver to Golden, travelers can now make the trip from the airport to Golden using only public transportation — and for just $10.50! To make the journey, just follow these steps:
At the airport...
- Make your way to the Transit Center located at the extreme south end of the Main Terminal Building on Level 1. Follow signs to the Transit Center and proceed to the south exit on Level 5 (look for the large American flag), exit the terminal through the sliding glass doors, and take the escalator located in the center of the plaza down to Level 1.
- Board the A-Line train bound for Denver Union Station. Trains leave every 15 minutes during peak travel times, and every 30 minutes from 3 a.m. - 5 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. Purchase your ticket at the RTD desk or from an automated kiosk. Fare: $10.50 USD; this fare is the total cost of your trip from the airport to downtown Golden. Be sure to keep your ticket for use on the other portions of your trip. Travel time to Denver Union Station: About 35 minutes.
At Denver Union Station...
- When your train arrives at Union Station, look for an escalator/elevator to access the underground bus concourse. The closest escalator/elevator will likely be found between the platform and the main station building. In the underground bus concourse, walk to the far end of the concourse and exit at the Chestnut Pavilion.
- Now back at ground level, walk to the light rail plaza immediately outside the Pavilion.
- Board the W-Line light rail train bound for Golden Station (Jefferson County Government). Trains leave every 15 minutes from 4:45 a.m. to midnight. Fare: Cost of this trip is included in your $10.50 fare. Travel time to Golden Station: About 40 minutes.
At Golden Station...
- When your train arrives at Golden Station, look for the FlexRide bus boarding location next to the tracks. A bus leaves the station every 15 minutes. Fare: Cost of this trip is included in your $10.50 fare. Travel time to downtown Golden: About 15 minutes.
- Upon boarding the FlexRide bus, tell the driver your desired destination so the driver will know where to stop to minimize your walk. Stops are made on the Colorado School of Mines campus, in downtown Golden, and at many other locations.
Using FlexRide and the train to return to the airport...
- Start your trip at any FlexRide stop in Golden. You should ask the driver on your first trip to tell you the location of the most convenient pick-up location for your return.
- The total fare from a FlexRide pick-up location in Golden to the airport is $10.50 USD. You MUST have this exact amount in CASH in US currency at the time you board the FlexRide bus.
- Once on board the FlexRide bus, just follow all of the steps — but in reverse — of your trip from the airport to Golden.